Principal Dancer at National Ballet of Canada/ Lead Principal Dancer of English National Ballet
- Toronto, Canada
- price per class
- from 150 USD
Jurgita Dronina was born in Russia in 1986, and graduated from the ballet school at the National M. K. Čiurlionis School of Art in Vilnius, Lithuania. Continued studying at the Munich International Ballet Academy, under the directorship Konstanze Vernon.
Jurgita joined the Royal Swedish Ballet in 2005 and was promoted to Principal Dancer in 2008.
Jurgita danced with Royal Swedish Ballet 2005 - 2010.
Was Principal Ballerina with Dutch National Ballet from 2010 - 2015.
JSince 2015 - current, Jurgita is Principal Ballerina with National Ballet of Canada.
Became Lead Principal Ballerina with English National Ballet in 2017 - current.
Jurgita was a Guest Principal Artist with Hong Kong Ballet from 2015 - 2017.
Jurgita is currently principal ballerina with both companies: National Ballet of Canada (NBOC) and English National Ballet (ENB) Her repertoire includes:
- Nykia in La Bayadère (choregraphy; Natalia Makarova; chor; A.Asylmuratova )
- Aurora in Sleeping Beauty (chor; Peter Wright; chor; Paul Chalmer; chor; Rudolf Nureyev; chor; Sir.K.MacMillan )
- Juliet in Romeo and Juliet (chor; K.MacMillan; chor; R.Van Dantzig; chor; D.Deane; chor; R.Nureyev )
- Manon in Manon (chorography; K.MacMillan )
- Kitri in Don Quixote (chor; Alexei Ratmansky; chor; Maria Gracia Garofoli/ R.Nureyev )
- Medora in Le Corsaire (choreography; A.Fadeyechev )
- Giselle in Giselle (choreography; Oleg Vinogradov; chor; R.Beaujean/R.Bustamante after Coralli/Perrot; chor; Sir. Peter Wright; chor; M.Skeaping )
- Odette/Odile in Swan Lake (choreography; Natalie Conus; chor; Anna-Marie Holmes; chor; Peter Martins; chor; Rudi van Dantzig; chor; Patrice Bart; chor; Konstantin Sergeyev/Ludmila Kovaliova/Lubov Kunakova; chor; John Meehan; chor; D.Deane )
- Swanilda in Coppelia (choreography; Marc Ribaud; chor; R.Hynd )
- Sugar Plum (Clara ) in The Nutckracker (choreography; P.Isberg; chor; Wayne Eagling; chor; J.Kudelka; chor; Terence Kohler; chor; A.Panzavolta )
- Hermoine in The Winter’s Tale (choreography; Christopher Wheeldon)
- La Sylphide in La Sylphide (choreography; J.Kobborg/ A.Bournonville ; chor; F.Andersen/ A.Bournonville )
- Cinderella in Cinderella (choreography; Christopher Wheeldon; chor; James Kudelka )
- Queen Sofia Magdalena in Gustav III (choreography; Patrice Bart )
- Esmeralda in Hunchback of Notre-Dame (choreography; Pär Isberg )
- Miranda in The Tempest (choreography; Krzysztof Pastor )
- Sylvia in Sylvia (choreography; John Neumeier )
- Blanche Dubois in A streetcar named Desire (chor; John Neumeier )
- Manon in La Dame Aux Camellias (choreography; John Neumeier )
- Olga in Onegin (choreography; John Cranko )
- Paquita (choreography; Marius Petipa )
- Titania in The Dream (choreography; Frederick Ashton )
- Lead Woman, in Song Of The Earth (choreography; K.MacMillan )
- Lead Couple in Les Sylphides (choreography; Michel Fokine )
- Olga in On The Dnieper (choreography; Alexei Ratmansky )
- Firebird (choreography; Alexei Ratmansky )
- Tchaikovsky pas de deux (choreography; George Balanchine )
- Waltz in Serenade (choreography; George Balanchine )
- 2nd Movement of Symphony in C (choreography; George Balanchine )
- Diamonds & Emeralds in Jewels (choreohgraphy; George Balanchine )
- 3rd.Sonata in Approximate Sonata, (choreography; W.Forsyth )
- Lead Pas De deux in No Man’s Land (choreography; Liam Scarlett )
Jurgita has also danced main parts in contemporary work by Mauro Bi- gonzetti, Christian Spuck, Krzysztof Pastor, Nils Christe, Jean-Christop- he Maillot, Benjamin Millepied, Juanjo Arques, Hans Van Manen, Sidi- Larbi Cherkaoui, Rudi van Dantzig, Toer van Schayk, David Dawson, Jorma Elo, Guillaume Cote, Will Tuckett, Liam Scarlett, William Forsyth )Repertoire/Ballets that have been created for Jurgita includes: Gustav III by Patrice Bart, Minos by Juanjo Arques, Moving Glass by Nils Christe, Labyrinth by Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, Day 4 and Overture by David Dawson, Shapes by Jorma Elo, Dances with Harp by Hans Van Manen, The Tempest by Krzysztof Pastor, Le Petit Prince by Guillaume Cote.
Jurgita has participated in International Ballet Competitions wining: Gold at the International Ballet Competition in Grasse in 2003; Silver at the International Ballet Competition in Helsinki in 2005, Silver at International Ballet Competition in Moscow in 2005, Silver at International Ballet Competition in Jackson in 2006.
Guest Appearances in full length ballets include:
- Principal Guest Ballerina with Arena Di Verona in 2009 - Don Quixote (Kitri); in 2010 - Le Corsaire (Medora);
- Principal Guest Ballerina with Norwegian National Ballet in 2009 - Swan Lake (Odette/Odile);
- Principal Guest Ballerina with Het Nationale Ballet in 2010 - Don Quixote (Kitri);
- Principal Guest Ballerina with Royal Danish Ballet in 2010 - Swan Lake (Odette/Odile);
- Principal Guest Ballerina at the Rudolf Nureyev International Ballet Fes- tival, Kazan, Russia in 2011 & 2013, ( Giselle & Nykia in La Bayadere )
- Principal Guest Dancer with Teatro San Carlo in 2014 - Le Corsaire (Medora), Nutcracker (Clara)
- Principal Guest Ballerina with Hong Kong Ballet in 2015 - (Paquita);
- Nutcracker (Sugar Plum); in 2016 - Swan Lake (Odette/Odile)
- Principal Guest Ballerina with Lithuanian National Ballet From 2008 - current: in Giselle/Swan Lake/ La Bayadere
- Principal Guest Ballerina with Shanghai Ballet in 2016 - Romeo and Juliet (Juliet);
- in 2017 - in Swan Lake (Odette/Odille)
- Principal Guest Ballerina with English National Ballet in 2017 - in Giselle Principal Guest Ballerina with Opera dell’ Roma in 2014 - in Sleeping Beauty (Aurora);
- in Swan Lake (Odette/Odile)
Various Awards and Prizes include:
- 2018 Benois De La Danse nominee for the role of Juliet in R.Nureyev’s “Romeo and Juliet” , for the role of Sylphide in A.Bournonville’s “La Sylphide”
- 2018 Received the Order for the Merits to Lithuania, the Cross of Knight, by President of Lithuania, for distinguished merits in culture worldwide
- 2018 Baltic Assembly award in arts and culture, for contribution in culture and distinguished merits to Lithuania
- 2014 The Alexandra Radius Award (Outstanding dancer of the year)
- 2011 The Zwaan Award (Best performance of the year) for the role of Aurora in Sleeping Beauty
- 2009 Swedish-Danish cultural Grant awarded by Danish Queen Margre- the II of Denmark
- 2008 The Rotary International award
- 2010/ 2011/ 2013 Awards in International Ballet Festival ‘Dance Open’ in St.Petersburg awarded by Natalia Makarova
- European Dance Magazine “Dance Europe” voted her Outstanding Dancer of the season in 2009/10 & 2010/11 & 2011/12 for interpretations of Juliet - MacMillan’s Romeo and Juliet; Kitri - in Ratmansky’s Don Quixote; Aurora - in P.Wright’s Sleeping Beauty; Ballerina in Tchaikovsky Pas De Deux.
19:03:33 PM September 25, 2022
It may differ from your local time.